Limits on run time may be preventing you from using up stored fuel before it degrades. Your fuel investment doesn’t need to go to waste, however. Fuel polishing removes water, sediment and microbial contamination from diesel, red diesel and biodiesel.
Risks of allowing diesel fuel to degrade:
- Induction of water, microbial contaminants & oxidization
- Catastrophic generator failure
- Plugged fuel lines and filters
- Noncompliance with Air Quality Control District
Why fuel polishing is a necessity
- Ensures your generator operates with clean healthy fuel
- Reduces hazardous emissions
- Annual fuel testing is required
- Lessens the chance of generator failure
- Fuel may have “aged,” oxidized and/or contain water. It may have been contaminated before it was delivered to you!
Standards to know
NFPA 110 8.3.7 states the following; a fuel quality test shall performed at least annually using appropriate American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) standards.