Every year millions of people rely on portable generators when they lose access to power. Used safely, a portable generator delivers the power you need, when you need it most.
On Tuesday, September 12, three people died of carbon-monoxide poisoning from a generator that was running inside their Orange County home in Florida, after Hurricane Irma.
Four other members of the family were taken to a Florida Hospital in very serious condition. The cause of this was a generator running inside of the family’s home. Generators, which release carbon monoxide, should never be used indoors, in garages, or any place that is not well-ventilated.