CD & Power provides generator installation services for stationary and portable generators for Government Agencies, Disaster Relief, Grocery Stores, High Rise Office Buildings, Hospitals, Special Events, Construction Sites, Planned Power Outages, and more!
Selecting and installing the right generator for your backup power needs has gotten more complicated over the 30+ years that we have been in business. It is more critical than ever to take regulatory compliance requirements into account from the very beginning. Additionally, there are a growing number of manufacturers and options to consider.
For that reason, our generator installation service begins before you even select a generator for your site with a thorough assessment of your backup power requirements.
Backup Power Assessment
Just some of the factors that we will help you assess:
- Will you need to back up your entire site, or just specific items? We will help you think through the pros and cons, including the potential cost of rerouting circuits to one location to backup just specific pieces of equipment.
- What is the best fuel source? For example, natural gas may be a good option, but keep in mind that your utility may turn off the supply in the event of an earthquake or other situation that it considers to be a risk. An on-site diesel supply is not subject to being turned off, but comes with additional maintenance requirements.
- Where will your generator be installed? We will help you select the best indoor or outdoor location that complies with fuel storage and exhaust regulations.
Equipment Selection and Approval
Once we determine your backup power goals and develop a plan, we will work with engineers to size the generator, tank, and other equipment accordingly then produce engineering drawings. You may not select and install a generator often, but we do! We will act as the prime contractor on the installation project, managing all aspects including:
- applying for and securing necessary permits from authorities having jurisdiction over your site
- attending inspections
- managing other contractors involved like electrical, cement, fencing
Startup and Test
Once the backup generator, ATS, fuel storage, etc., are all installed, we will start up your generator and ensure that the power phase rotation is correct. Furthermore, we will perform a live building transfer to simulate a utility outage and make sure that the ATS communicates with the generator and calls for a start up. After running successfully, and producing the proper voltage, we will restore the building’s utility power and make sure that the transfer back occurs without a hitch.
We take care of the whole process as your project manager and advocate.
CD & Power Sells, Rents, and Performs Maintenance on a variety of name-brand Diesel and Gas Generators and Engines. We sell New and Used Generators, Power Equipment and Engines too. We carry a large inventory of parts for both diesel and gas-powered equipment.